Lane County Chapter Officers:
President: Merissa Calkins
Vice President: Dana Bowers-Brock
Treasurer: April Givens
Secretary: Open Position
Lane County chapter supports OWA mission of communicating the story of today’s agriculture by supporting programs like Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom, Crop ID signs and Summer Ag Institute.
2023 Lane Chapter Meetings
March 14, 2023 at 6:00 PM – AgWest Farm Credit – 94482 State Hwy 99 N, Junction City, OR 97448
April meeting date & location TBA
November, Annual Membership Social
June, Annual Chapter BBQ
We do not meet in Summer months – July, August & September
Updates from Lane
- Lane Chapter Spring UpdateFirst, I want to say thank you to everyone who is working on keep things going in these strange and uncertain times. Here’s what our Chapter has been up to. New Spring crops are being planted and coming up. To me that means it’s time to check the crop ID signs. We have around 50 crop ID ...
- Lane County Winter UpdateHappy New Year from Lane County. On November 13th we held our 3rd annual Lane County Social and Membership drive. This year’s event was held at Hayworth Estate Wines in Coburg. We had some great speakers. Suzette Menking a local Junction City teacher that we sponsored to attended Case Institute at OSU last July gave a ...
- Lane County Summer UpdateWe finished the Ag in the Class literacy project strong and read to 46 class rooms. That is up 12 class rooms from last year. Thank you to Angie Gibson for taking on this huge task of scheduling and thank you to all our Volunteers for their time. Our 2nd Annual root beer float fundraiser was ...
- Lane County Spring UpdateWhen I think of Spring I think of Crop ID signs. The season is starting and we are excited to have our Crop ID signs up in our area for the public to enjoy. Our Membership continues to grow. We are at 36 members. Fun fact – April 2013 we only had 9 Lane County members. A lot ...
- Lane Chapter Winter UpdateLane County hosted our second annual Membership drive/social November 16th at Amici Italian Restaurant in Springfield. We had a wonderful night enjoying great food, good drinks and excellent conversation with ladies that are excited about Ag. Dona Coon gave an overview of the activities on the State Level and the benefits and training OWA can offer. ...