Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2023 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Dona Coon
Vice President: Lisa Goracke
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
August 8- Margaret Henderson
September 12- Debbie Prouty
October 10- Dona Coon
November 14- Kjer Kizer
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers two scholarships every year.
Eligibility: Applicant must have been a resident of Linn or Benton County a minimum of two years during their high school education, must have sophomore status by fall term with an agricultural major.
Linn-Benton Chapter also offers a scholarship to children or grandchildren of Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture members in any major.
Scholarships are due May 1, 2023. Download application here.
Scholarship questions contact: Brenda Goracke, email@example.com, or text / call 541-743-5326.
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our 2022 recipients:
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Spring UpdateDuring January, we met at the home of Barbara Hauge and our February meeting was held at the home of Betty Jo Smith. During these two months, a committee of L/B ladies worked on getting everything ready for the OWA State Convention which we were hosting this year in Corvallis. Tours to various OSU stops ...
- Linn Benton Winter UpdateOur October meeting was held at Kirsten Pick’s home. We were excited to meet and welcome Rachel Nobel who is taking over Debbie Crocker’s position for Summer Ag Institute and is also working at Ag in the Classroom. November our meeting was held at Sue Kalina’s home. Ladies came early to help assemble our Christmas tree ...
- Linn-Benton Summer UpdateThe last few months have been exciting here for Linn/Benton Chapter. Our April meeting was held at Kristi Miller’s house. Of course one of our big topics was the OWA Auction. We had a guest speaker, Teri Plagmann. She is running for Linn County Circuit Court Judge, District 23, Position 3 seat. It was fun to ...
- Linn-Benton Spring UpdateIn January our meeting was held at Dona Coon’s Home. Cheryl Ray, from our Nominating Committee, presented a slate of officers for this election. Our officers are; President- Katie Boshart Glaser, Vice President- Mary Hood, Secretary- Kristi Miller and Treasurer- Lori Boshart. Kirsten Pick is taking over the Membership Chair (a non elected position). We decided ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall UpdateWe are pleased that harvest is over and fall has arrived! Our members put up two county fair booths and volunteered to help kids and their parents grind wheat and answer questions at the Benton County Fair. Thanks to Katie Glaser, Lorie Tharp, Kristi Miller, Betty Jo Smith, Laurie Schrock and Tina Miller. We presented ...