Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2021 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
February 8, 2022- Zoom only 6:30 pm
March 8- Home of Kelsy Pimm
April 12- Home of Pam Toews
No meeting in July
August 9- Home of Margaret Henderson
No meeting in December
2021 Scholarship Announced
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers several scholarships every year, one category for agriculture majors from Linn or Benton County high schools and one category for children or grandchildren of a Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture member in any major. Scholarships are due each year in the spring, check back in early 2022 for the application.
Congratulations to our 2021 recipients (l to r) Kim Oritz, Gracie Krahn, Maddie Neuschwander, Loyal Russell Burns IV and HeilAnna Abbott (photo coming soon).
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Summer UpdateThe last few months have been exciting here for Linn/Benton Chapter. Our April meeting was held at Kristi Miller’s house. Of course one of our big topics was the OWA Auction. We had a guest speaker, Teri Plagmann. She is running for Linn County Circuit Court Judge, District 23, Position 3 seat. It was fun to ...
- Linn-Benton Spring UpdateIn January our meeting was held at Dona Coon’s Home. Cheryl Ray, from our Nominating Committee, presented a slate of officers for this election. Our officers are; President- Katie Boshart Glaser, Vice President- Mary Hood, Secretary- Kristi Miller and Treasurer- Lori Boshart. Kirsten Pick is taking over the Membership Chair (a non elected position). We decided ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall UpdateWe are pleased that harvest is over and fall has arrived! Our members put up two county fair booths and volunteered to help kids and their parents grind wheat and answer questions at the Benton County Fair. Thanks to Katie Glaser, Lorie Tharp, Kristi Miller, Betty Jo Smith, Laurie Schrock and Tina Miller. We presented ...
- Linn Benton Chapter Summer UpdateLinn Benton chapter has its April meeting a Willamette Community Bank in Albany, hosted by Sue Kalina. Welcome to Debbie Burns, a new member who attended. We donated a classroom set of Get Oregonized history books to Mt. View Elementary from Points for Profit money. The class was very excited and sent us a handmade book ...
- Linn Benton Chapter Spring UpdateHappy Spring! Linn Benton members gathered at the Adair Officer’s Club and had a fun social on Tuesday, February 7th. The evening included door prizes, social bingo, distribution of baskets to fill for auction, great food and short presentations about what there is to do in our organization. There were 43 members and guests in ...