Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2020 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Kristi Miller
Treasurer: Lori Boshart
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM.
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers scholarships every year.
Congratulations to our 2020 recipients (l to r) Meghan Hood, Emily Henry, Maddie Neuschwander and Loyal Russell Burns IV.
Check back in early 2021 for our scholarship due in April 2021.
Points for Profit
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall UpdateWe are pleased that harvest is over and fall has arrived! Our members put up two county fair booths and volunteered to help kids and their parents grind wheat and answer questions at the Benton County Fair. Thanks to Katie Glaser, Lorie Tharp, Kristi Miller, Betty Jo Smith, Laurie Schrock and Tina Miller. We presented ...
- Linn Benton Chapter Summer UpdateLinn Benton chapter has its April meeting a Willamette Community Bank in Albany, hosted by Sue Kalina. Welcome to Debbie Burns, a new member who attended. We donated a classroom set of Get Oregonized history books to Mt. View Elementary from Points for Profit money. The class was very excited and sent us a handmade book ...
- Linn Benton Chapter Spring UpdateHappy Spring! Linn Benton members gathered at the Adair Officer’s Club and had a fun social on Tuesday, February 7th. The evening included door prizes, social bingo, distribution of baskets to fill for auction, great food and short presentations about what there is to do in our organization. There were 43 members and guests in ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Winter UpdateOur November meeting was held at Dona Coon’s home on the 8th. A group met at 3 pm to assemble Christmas tree ornaments for Pape in Tangent. Carrie Corrado came with all the bits and pieces for the Farm Animal theme. It was a good time with laughing and glue involved. The tree was decorated ...
- “Have You Thanked a Blade of Grass Today?”Circa 1972, Oregon Women for Ag made a video called “Have You Thanked a Blade of Grass Today?” The goal was to tell the story of Oregon’s Willamette Valley’s top crop, Grass Seed.