Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2021 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
October 12- Tami Kerr
November 9- Carrie Jackson-Corrado
No meeting in December
January 11, 2022- Debbie Burns
February 8, 2022
2021 Scholarship Announced
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers several scholarships every year, one category for agriculture majors from Linn or Benton County high schools and one category for children or grandchildren of a Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture member in any major. Scholarships are due each year in the spring, check back in early 2022 for the application.
Congratulations to our 2021 recipients (l to r) Kim Oritz, Gracie Krahn, Maddie Neuschwander, Loyal Russell Burns IV and HeilAnna Abbott (photo coming soon).
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Chapter Winter UpdateOur November meeting was held at Dona Coon’s home on the 8th. A group met at 3 pm to assemble Christmas tree ornaments for Pape in Tangent. Carrie Corrado came with all the bits and pieces for the Farm Animal theme. It was a good time with laughing and glue involved. The tree was decorated ...
- “Have You Thanked a Blade of Grass Today?”Circa 1972, Oregon Women for Ag made a video called “Have You Thanked a Blade of Grass Today?” The goal was to tell the story of Oregon’s Willamette Valley’s top crop, Grass Seed.
- Benton County Fair!It County Fair time! Our Linn-Benton chapter is helping with an activity booth at the Benton County Fair on July 29 – Aug 1st. The activity is grinding wheat into flour and answering questions about wheat germination and uses of wheat. There will be an instruction sheet at the booth and there will be student ...
- OWA Member wins America’s Farm Mom!Oregon Women for Agriculture member Shelly Boshart Davis has been chosen by voters as America’s Farm Mom! From Capital Press: Farming’s “Mom of the Year” runs a grass seed, wheat, hazelnut and radish operation in Oregon with her husband and three daughters. Oregon’s Shelly Boshart Davis prevailed in 11 days of on-line voting and is 2015 National Farm ...
- Linn/Benton Women for Ag have had a very busy summerIn July and August we had booths at the Linn County Fair, and the Benton County Fair. At the Linn County Fair in Albany, we presented a cash award to the Outstanding Senior Member of 4-H. That prize went to Stephanie Wallace (granddaughter of member Mary Lou Neher). We also supported the Linn County 4-H ...