Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2022 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Dona Coon
Vice President: Lisa Goracke
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
November 15- Home of Lisa Goracke
No meeting in December
Information will be posted in early 2023!
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our 2022 recipients:
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn Benton Chapter Spring UpdateHappy Spring! Linn Benton members gathered at the Adair Officer’s Club and had a fun social on Tuesday, February 7th. The evening included door prizes, social bingo, distribution of baskets to fill for auction, great food and short presentations about what there is to do in our organization. There were 43 members and guests in ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Winter UpdateOur November meeting was held at Dona Coon’s home on the 8th. A group met at 3 pm to assemble Christmas tree ornaments for Pape in Tangent. Carrie Corrado came with all the bits and pieces for the Farm Animal theme. It was a good time with laughing and glue involved. The tree was decorated ...
- “Have You Thanked a Blade of Grass Today?”Circa 1972, Oregon Women for Ag made a video called “Have You Thanked a Blade of Grass Today?” The goal was to tell the story of Oregon’s Willamette Valley’s top crop, Grass Seed.
- Benton County Fair!It County Fair time! Our Linn-Benton chapter is helping with an activity booth at the Benton County Fair on July 29 – Aug 1st. The activity is grinding wheat into flour and answering questions about wheat germination and uses of wheat. There will be an instruction sheet at the booth and there will be student ...
- OWA Member wins America’s Farm Mom!Oregon Women for Agriculture member Shelly Boshart Davis has been chosen by voters as America’s Farm Mom! From Capital Press: Farming’s “Mom of the Year” runs a grass seed, wheat, hazelnut and radish operation in Oregon with her husband and three daughters. Oregon’s Shelly Boshart Davis prevailed in 11 days of on-line voting and is 2015 National Farm ...