Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2020 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Kristi Miller
Treasurer: Lori Boshart
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM.
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers scholarships every year.
Congratulations to our 2020 recipients (l to r) Meghan Hood, Emily Henry, Maddie Neuschwander and Loyal Russell Burns IV.
Check back in early 2021 for our scholarship due in April 2021.
Points for Profit
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Benton County Fair!It County Fair time! Our Linn-Benton chapter is helping with an activity booth at the Benton County Fair on July 29 – Aug 1st. The activity is grinding wheat into flour and answering questions about wheat germination and uses of wheat. There will be an instruction sheet at the booth and there will be student ...
- OWA Member wins America’s Farm Mom!Oregon Women for Agriculture member Shelly Boshart Davis has been chosen by voters as America’s Farm Mom! From Capital Press: Farming’s “Mom of the Year” runs a grass seed, wheat, hazelnut and radish operation in Oregon with her husband and three daughters. Oregon’s Shelly Boshart Davis prevailed in 11 days of on-line voting and is 2015 National Farm ...
- Linn/Benton Women for Ag have had a very busy summerIn July and August we had booths at the Linn County Fair, and the Benton County Fair. At the Linn County Fair in Albany, we presented a cash award to the Outstanding Senior Member of 4-H. That prize went to Stephanie Wallace (granddaughter of member Mary Lou Neher). We also supported the Linn County 4-H ...
- Help Sigma Alpha Support Ag in the ClassroomSigma Alpha invites you to Pasta Bingo, a fun evening of dinner and bingo to support Agriculture in the Classroom & Sigma Alpha! On Saturday, February 8th, 2014, Sigma Alpha will be hosting our first annual Bingo & Spaghetti Feed fundraiser to benefit Agriculture in the Classroom. The event will be held at the Zion Lutheran ...
- March ReportLinn/Benton—The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow… On February 19th , 32 members attended our annual dinner meeting with a slide show movie put together by member, Shawn Wells. She visited Africa last summer and she was our entertainment. We were surprised to find out that we came in FIRST place for the Points for Profit Fundraiser. We’d ...