Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2023 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Dona Coon
Vice President: Lisa Goracke
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
August 8- Margaret Henderson
September 12- Debbie Prouty
October 10- Dona Coon
November 14- Kjer Kizer
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers two scholarships every year.
Eligibility: Applicant must have been a resident of Linn or Benton County a minimum of two years during their high school education, must have sophomore status by fall term with an agricultural major.
Linn-Benton Chapter also offers a scholarship to children or grandchildren of Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture members in any major.
Scholarships are due May 1, 2023. Download application here.
Scholarship questions contact: Brenda Goracke, firstname.lastname@example.org, or text / call 541-743-5326.
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our 2022 recipients:
Updates from Linn-Benton
- OWA Member wins America’s Farm Mom!Oregon Women for Agriculture member Shelly Boshart Davis has been chosen by voters as America’s Farm Mom! From Capital Press: Farming’s “Mom of the Year” runs a grass seed, wheat, hazelnut and radish operation in Oregon with her husband and three daughters. Oregon’s Shelly Boshart Davis prevailed in 11 days of on-line voting and is 2015 National Farm ...
- Linn/Benton Women for Ag have had a very busy summerIn July and August we had booths at the Linn County Fair, and the Benton County Fair. At the Linn County Fair in Albany, we presented a cash award to the Outstanding Senior Member of 4-H. That prize went to Stephanie Wallace (granddaughter of member Mary Lou Neher). We also supported the Linn County 4-H ...
- Help Sigma Alpha Support Ag in the ClassroomSigma Alpha invites you to Pasta Bingo, a fun evening of dinner and bingo to support Agriculture in the Classroom & Sigma Alpha! On Saturday, February 8th, 2014, Sigma Alpha will be hosting our first annual Bingo & Spaghetti Feed fundraiser to benefit Agriculture in the Classroom. The event will be held at the Zion Lutheran ...
- March ReportLinn/Benton—The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow… On February 19th , 32 members attended our annual dinner meeting with a slide show movie put together by member, Shawn Wells. She visited Africa last summer and she was our entertainment. We were surprised to find out that we came in FIRST place for the Points for Profit Fundraiser. We’d ...
- December ReportHappy New Year! We all enjoyed taking December off from meetings to be with family and friends but we did take time to have two successful fundraisers: tree decorating with Pape in Tangent and Harrisburg and we sold 32 pies from Coldstone. We also donated a portion of the Points for Profit money from last year ...