Yamhill County Officers
President: Tara Jackson
Vice-President: Susie Kreder
Secretary: Eunice Goodrich
Treasurer: Helle Ruddenklau
Yamhill County Women for Ag is preparing for this spring’s Ag In The Classroom’s literacy project with students. We will present the reading with a hands on activity. We continue to support local 4H and FFA groups financially. For more information about any of our projects or to join our membership, please reach out!
Meetings third Wednesday of each month via Zoom at 7pm. We do not meet in June, July, August or December. Please email Tara above for the Zoom link.
Yamhill County Women for Agriculture is pleased to announce our $750 Community College Scholarship.This scholarship is due May 22, 2020. Download the 2020 application here!
Updates from Yamhill
- Yamhill Chapter Spring UpdateFields here in the valley are like walking on a sponge full of glue! At least the birds have started singing. The grass is getting green but its not dry enough to put any fertilizer on. Same goes for the lawn that just keeps growing with no hope of mowing until maybe after Easter. I ...
- Yamhill Chapter Winter UpdateYamhill County Women for Ag put together our annual gift boxes again this year – we’ve done this more than 40 years! We sell them to raise money to support our scholarships and grants. Our gift boxes are made up of product mostly donated by local farmers such as Kauer Farms – hazelnuts; Scenery Farms – ...
- Yamhill County member shares why her farm family is voting No on Measure 92This op-ed by Helle Ruddenklau appeared in the McMinnville News-Register on September 12, 2014.
- Yamhill County Women for Ag gearing up for Fall activitiesYamhill County does not meet during the summer, but our members helped out at state fair, hosted teachers for the Summer Ag Institute and informed others about harvest progress through our Facebook feeds. We have had our first meeting of the fall and are getting ready to start our gift packs. We have started the process for ...
- Yamhill October ReportYamhill County just had our first meeting after taking a summer break. We are planning on packing our gift packs again in November and wanted to let OWA members know that you can pre-order a gift pack and we will deliver them to the board meeting before Christmas. They will cost $25 again this year ...