Central Oregon Chapter Officers
President: Jessica Locke, 541-408-5232
Secretary/Treasurer: Kristen Hutchins
Central Oregon Women for Agriculture hold meetings over email throughout the year.
COWA supports these programs:
- Summer Agriculture Institute
- Greg Merritt Scholarship BBQ
- Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom
- Oasis Soup Kitchen
- Full Circle Outreach
- Food Bank
Updates from Central Oregon Chapter
- Central Oregon Spring UpdateWe are in full swing planting mode. Included a few carrot planting pictures. Our chapter is spread all over Central Oregon but we managed a meeting online. We just approved donations to Ag In The Classroom & Summer Ag Institute. And are planning on reading to some classes for the Literacy Project & considering some fundraising ...
- OWA Convention Recap, New Officers, New Chapter & Upcoming eventsConvention Recap Thank you Central Oregon Chapter for a wonderful convention. If you were unable to attend we hope you were able to follow along on facebook or on twitter. New Officers were elected: 2nd Vice President – Elisa Chandler, Recording Secretary – Emily Duerst, Corresponding Secretary – Jessica Hanna New Chapter Two conventions in a row we have ...
- Looking Forward, Rooted in Tradition – 2015 OWA Annual MeetingThe Central Oregon Women for Agriculture chapter has an exciting annual meeting and conference planned for March 5-7, 2015 in Madras at the Inn at Cross Keys Station. Our theme “Looking Forward, Rooted in Tradition” will feature guest speakers including Oregon Land Legacy, Kathy Jones and her sisters of Seneca Sawmill/Companies. Agricultural tours of the ...
- Central Oregon Women for Ag keep engaged in communityOn Wednesday, August 6th a few chapter members helped serve food at the Greg Merritt BBQ Scholarship Dinner. Greg was a prominent local farmer in Crook County who strongly believed in education and community service, he passed away due to cancer at the age of 54. The scholarship fund was started 13 years ago by family and ...
- March ReportOur Central Oregon chapter has been busy working on new ideas and supporting old ones too. We are exploring the possibility of creating a scholastic scholarship. Christina Withers has volunteered to gather some information to present at our April meeting. We are contacting local farmers to see if they’d be interested in posting crop ID signs ...