Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2020 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Kristi Miller
Treasurer: Lori Boshart
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM.
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers scholarships every year.
Congratulations to our 2020 recipients (l to r) Meghan Hood, Emily Henry, Maddie Neuschwander and Loyal Russell Burns IV.
Check back in early 2021 for our scholarship due in April 2021.
Points for Profit
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Spring Update During January, we met at the home of Barbara Hauge and our February meeting was held at the home of Betty Jo Smith. During these two months, a committee of L/B ladies worked on getting everything ready for the OWA State Convention which we were hosting this year in Corvallis. Tours to various OSU stops ...
- Linn Benton Winter Update Our October meeting was held at Kirsten Pick’s home. We were excited to meet and welcome Rachel Nobel who is taking over Debbie Crocker’s position for Summer Ag Institute and is also working at Ag in the Classroom. November our meeting was held at Sue Kalina’s home. Ladies came early to help assemble our Christmas tree ...
- Linn-Benton Summer Update The last few months have been exciting here for Linn/Benton Chapter. Our April meeting was held at Kristi Miller’s house. Of course one of our big topics was the OWA Auction. We had a guest speaker, Teri Plagmann. She is running for Linn County Circuit Court Judge, District 23, Position 3 seat. It was fun to ...
- Linn-Benton Spring Update In January our meeting was held at Dona Coon’s Home. Cheryl Ray, from our Nominating Committee, presented a slate of officers for this election. Our officers are; President- Katie Boshart Glaser, Vice President- Mary Hood, Secretary- Kristi Miller and Treasurer- Lori Boshart. Kirsten Pick is taking over the Membership Chair (a non elected position). We decided ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall Update We are pleased that harvest is over and fall has arrived! Our members put up two county fair booths and volunteered to help kids and their parents grind wheat and answer questions at the Benton County Fair. Thanks to Katie Glaser, Lorie Tharp, Kristi Miller, Betty Jo Smith, Laurie Schrock and Tina Miller. We presented ...