Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2021 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM when held in person and 7 PM when held on Zoom.
Locations are TBA.
No meeting in July
No meeting in December
January 11, 2022
February 8, 2022
2021 Scholarship Now Available!
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers several scholarships every year, one category for agriculture majors from Linn or Benton County high schools and one category for children or grandchildren of a Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture member in any major. Download the 2021 scholarship application here for full rules and requirements.
Scholarships are due April 15, 2021
Scholarship questions contact: Barbara Hauge 503-858-3433 [email protected]
Congratulations to our 2020 recipients (l to r) Meghan Hood, Emily Henry, Maddie Neuschwander and Loyal Russell Burns IV.
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn Benton Chapter Winter Update 2021The ladies of Linn-Benton gathered together in November to make Christmas tree decorations and hold our last chapter meeting of the year. Every year as a fundraiser for our chapter, we make decorations to adorn a Christmas tree in the lobby at Papé in Tangent and Harrisburg. This year was dairy themed, so we painted cows, barns, ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall 2020 UpdateThe Linn Benton ladies scheduled an outdoor meeting in September, but had to quickly change to a Zoom meeting when the smoke from the wildfires altered our plans. The devastation in our counties is something none of us will ever forget. During our meeting we remembered Phyllis Fifield, a member of our chapter who passed away. ...
- Linn-Benton Spring UpdateDuring January, we met at the home of Barbara Hauge and our February meeting was held at the home of Betty Jo Smith. During these two months, a committee of L/B ladies worked on getting everything ready for the OWA State Convention which we were hosting this year in Corvallis. Tours to various OSU stops ...
- Linn Benton Winter UpdateOur October meeting was held at Kirsten Pick’s home. We were excited to meet and welcome Rachel Nobel who is taking over Debbie Crocker’s position for Summer Ag Institute and is also working at Ag in the Classroom. November our meeting was held at Sue Kalina’s home. Ladies came early to help assemble our Christmas tree ...
- Linn-Benton Summer UpdateThe last few months have been exciting here for Linn/Benton Chapter. Our April meeting was held at Kristi Miller’s house. Of course one of our big topics was the OWA Auction. We had a guest speaker, Teri Plagmann. She is running for Linn County Circuit Court Judge, District 23, Position 3 seat. It was fun to ...