Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2023 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Dona Coon
Vice President: Lisa Goracke
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
August 8- Margaret Henderson
September 12- Debbie Prouty
October 10- Dona Coon
November 14- Kjer Kizer
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers two scholarships every year.
Eligibility: Applicant must have been a resident of Linn or Benton County a minimum of two years during their high school education, must have sophomore status by fall term with an agricultural major.
Linn-Benton Chapter also offers a scholarship to children or grandchildren of Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture members in any major.
Scholarships are due May 1, 2023. Download application here.
Scholarship questions contact: Brenda Goracke, firstname.lastname@example.org, or text / call 541-743-5326.
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our 2022 recipients:
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Summer 2023 UpdateLinn-Benton Our members have kept busy with many projects over the last few months. These include: Hosting the State Board Meeting at Lisa Goracke’s home Assembling 28 goodie boxes for Sigma Alpha members for finals week Members Social Potluck at Hazelnut Haven. Barbara Hauge is chair. Donated an OWA Pendleton Blanket to Oakville Community Christian School fundraiser Auction ($850 generated) State ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Spring 2022 UpdateOur chapter would like to publicly thank Mary Hood for her service as LB President the past two years. Her organizational skills, commitment to do what needs to be done, and her follow through have kept this chapter active and effective. The OWA is in good hands. We love you Mary! Kristi Miller has been faithful ...
- Linn-Benton Summer 2021 UpdateThe Linn-Benton ladies continue our meetings in-person, with a Zoom option. For our June meeting, we met at Carino’s in Albany and enjoyed a fantastic dinner and great company before getting down to business. Our Activity/Coloring Book is headed out to farm stands and markets throughout our counties. Our scholarship committee announced the winners of our 2021 scholarships. This ...
- Linn Benton Chapter Winter Update 2021The ladies of Linn-Benton gathered together in November to make Christmas tree decorations and hold our last chapter meeting of the year. Every year as a fundraiser for our chapter, we make decorations to adorn a Christmas tree in the lobby at Papé in Tangent and Harrisburg. This year was dairy themed, so we painted cows, barns, ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall 2020 UpdateThe Linn Benton ladies scheduled an outdoor meeting in September, but had to quickly change to a Zoom meeting when the smoke from the wildfires altered our plans. The devastation in our counties is something none of us will ever forget. During our meeting we remembered Phyllis Fifield, a member of our chapter who passed away. ...