Linn/Benton Chapter of OWA serves the mid-Willamette Valley area and our members are very active in projects that benefit the community. We support youth and schools by giving educational scholarships and grants. We partner with organizations that educate others about the importance of agriculture in our state. Join us to communicate the story of agriculture in Oregon.
2021 Linn-Benton Chapter Officers
President: Mary Hood
Vice President: Dona Coon
Secretary: Debbie Burns
Treasurer: Chelle Davis
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
The Linn-Benton Chapter meets for dinner on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, meeting begins at 6:30 PM on Zoom.
October 12- Tami Kerr
November 9- Carrie Jackson-Corrado
No meeting in December
January 11, 2022- Debbie Burns
February 8, 2022
2021 Scholarship Announced
The Linn-Benton Chapter offers several scholarships every year, one category for agriculture majors from Linn or Benton County high schools and one category for children or grandchildren of a Linn-Benton Women for Agriculture member in any major. Scholarships are due each year in the spring, check back in early 2022 for the application.
Congratulations to our 2021 recipients (l to r) Kim Oritz, Gracie Krahn, Maddie Neuschwander, Loyal Russell Burns IV and HeilAnna Abbott (photo coming soon).
Updates from Linn-Benton
- Linn-Benton Summer 2021 UpdateThe Linn-Benton ladies continue our meetings in-person, with a Zoom option. For our June meeting, we met at Carino’s in Albany and enjoyed a fantastic dinner and great company before getting down to business. Our Activity/Coloring Book is headed out to farm stands and markets throughout our counties. Our scholarship committee announced the winners of our 2021 scholarships. This ...
- Linn Benton Chapter Winter Update 2021The ladies of Linn-Benton gathered together in November to make Christmas tree decorations and hold our last chapter meeting of the year. Every year as a fundraiser for our chapter, we make decorations to adorn a Christmas tree in the lobby at Papé in Tangent and Harrisburg. This year was dairy themed, so we painted cows, barns, ...
- Linn-Benton Chapter Fall 2020 UpdateThe Linn Benton ladies scheduled an outdoor meeting in September, but had to quickly change to a Zoom meeting when the smoke from the wildfires altered our plans. The devastation in our counties is something none of us will ever forget. During our meeting we remembered Phyllis Fifield, a member of our chapter who passed away. ...
- Linn-Benton Spring UpdateDuring January, we met at the home of Barbara Hauge and our February meeting was held at the home of Betty Jo Smith. During these two months, a committee of L/B ladies worked on getting everything ready for the OWA State Convention which we were hosting this year in Corvallis. Tours to various OSU stops ...
- Linn Benton Winter UpdateOur October meeting was held at Kirsten Pick’s home. We were excited to meet and welcome Rachel Nobel who is taking over Debbie Crocker’s position for Summer Ag Institute and is also working at Ag in the Classroom. November our meeting was held at Sue Kalina’s home. Ladies came early to help assemble our Christmas tree ...